We’re excited to have you participate in the 14th Penguin in the Park 5K on Saturday, March 30. If you haven’t registered yet, there is still time. You can register at Packet Pickup (read below) or prior to the race for $35.
The morning should be filled with enthusiasm, a great race course, and fellowship with fellow runners and walkers. This email contains important information about packet pickup and race day, so please read on.
Packet Pick Up
▪ Pick up your race packet on Friday at Staley Credit Union on N. Woodford in Decatur between 11:00 am and 5:00 pm. click here for directions. Participants who pick up their packet on Friday are automatically entered in a drawing for a $25 Visa gift card.
▪ Race packets may also be picked up prior to the race on Saturday between 7:15 am and 8:30 am.
Parking and Pre-Race
We are expecting large turnout this year, so parking will be difficult. We recommend that you park in one of the Millikin parking lots along Fairview Ave (in front of Kirkland Fine Arts Center or next to Westminster Church). Click here for a campus map. This will allow you easy access to both Fairview Park and Griswold Gym for the post-race party with a little warm-up and cool down walk to and from both locations.
▪ Prior to the race, Millikin’s student-run venture Blue Brew, will be on site selling hot drinks to keep you warm and gear you up for the race.
▪ The race is electronically timed by a “chip” that is integrated into your bib number. You must wear your bib on your front across your stomach (and visible). Your bib DOES NOT have to be returned or the tag torn when you cross through the chute and is disposable. Remember, no bib… NO TIME!
▪ A map of the race course can be found here
When you are finished with the race, grab a cup of water and head over to Millikin’s Griswold Center for the post race party where you’ll find food, water provided by Pepsi, pasta, and famous Ray’s Chili.
Check out the prize table to see if you have won a gift certificate or other goodies provided by our generous sponsors.
We will also have past Penguin in the Park 5K items for sale in addition to window decals designed and printed by Trump Direct. You may obtain a window decal for a donation into the John Bingham Scholarship Fund.
Remember that “The miracle isn’t that you finished. It’s that you had the courage to start.”
We look forward to having you in Fairview Park this weekend and we’re excited about another great Penguin in the Park.
Penguin in the Park Race Committee
Leave a Reply